Thursday, March 17, 2011

Headstrong

Psalm 37:8

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
do not fret—it leads only to evil.

How many times will we find this word “fret” in the Psalm. What do you fret about? I tend to fret when I don’t think that things are going to come to the conclusion that I think is best. I tend to think that things aren’t going to come to the best conclusion when they don’t go according to my plan. I don’t know if you are the same, but simply put, this means that I fret because I think that my way is the best way.

When I worry that things aren’t going to turn out for the best, I get angry. Usually it is a person that stands in the way of my plans (the one’s that lead to the best outcome). This means that I have an individual outside of myself who is causing my life to be less than it ought to be. I get angry. My anger expresses itself in wrath, be it words, actions, or passive aggression. My attention is turned onto a person or a group that I think stands in the way of something good and my resulting behavior to correct that person ends with an outcome worse than if I had given up my way from the start.

This Psalm says so often; trust, wait, don’t worry, don’t fret, be patient, trust, trust, trust.

Trust that God’s way is always better than my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment