Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A Pot of Coffee

Maybe not a pot, but at least a cup.  The last three days, my family has been entertained by a coffee maker.  Funny thing is, I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee.  Last year, I decided to take my coffee maker to work, saving an extra few seconds in the morning by brewing my coffee at work was worth the sacrifice of figuring out a different plan for the weekend.  I managed most Saturdays to cope with a visit to the coffee house or convenience store on the way to football, soccer, etc.  Other Saturdays a cup of Starbucks Via would do the job.  I almost feel guilty about getting my Sunday coffee fix at church.  I find myself very dissapointed when I run a little late and miss out on it.

Keurig B60 Special Edition Gourmet Single-Cup Home-Brewing SystemSo for some reason, my non-coffee drinking wife along with two of my three children arrived home Sunday afternoon with a brand new Keurig coffee maker.  They bought "k-cups" of tea, hot chocolate, and coffee.  But this is the greatest part:  my son spent Sunday evening separating the coffee from the tea and hot chocolate.  He then pulled out all of the decaf and flavored coffee because I don't like them.  When I came home from church on Sunday night, he said "want me to make you a cup of coffee dad?" (and that's not the last time either)

Several years ago I saw an old friend at the movies with his teenage son.  I told my wife then that if I ever have a teenage son willing to go to the movies with his dad I'll be satisfied with life.  I don't think I need for that to happen anymore, because the sound of your child asking unsolicited if he can brew you a cup of coffee, well, that's about one of the best things in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment